The following terms and conditions apply to accommodation bookings at the Retreat.
A valid credit card is required at the time of booking to secure the booking.
The person making booking must be over 18 years of age.
Unless otherwise stated, a one-night deposit will be charged to your card on booking confirmation.
The balance of your stay is payable on arrival.
We accept payments in New Zealand dollars by MasterCard or Visa, Direct Debit or Cash.
Your credit card payment will be made via WindCave and an invoice / receipt will emailed to the email address you provide. The WindCave privacy statement can be read here.
As a small lodge with only 4 villas our cancellation policy is rather strict.
Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to arrival will incur a charge of the first night’s accommodation. After that and in the case of a no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Bookings are non-refundable for any unused nights.
If you are unable to travel to the Retreat because of Government COVID19 restrictions, we are happy to postpone your stay and transfer your deposit to another date or booking.
We highly recommend that all guests purchase travel insurance to guard against these charges.
Children are welcome at the Retreat, please be aware the Retreat is a rural environment with natural tarns and ponds, cliffs and forested areas.
Extra beds are available in Moraine Villas at an additional cost per night which includes dinner and breakfast provisions.
COVID 19 Update for Protection Framework – Updated 19 April 2022
The Retreat has undertaken risk assessment in relation to the risk of spread of COVID-19 to Retreat guests and our staff, and are following all government guidelines and mandates for limiting the vaccine spread. Our staff are fully vaccinated and to protect the health and safety of our guests and staff, all guests of the Retreat are requested to wear a mask when interacting.
- If you feel unwell during your stay or have any concerns, please talk to us and we will do our best to manage these.
- When you are connecting with staff or other guests, we encourage masks to be worn, that you practice good hygiene (hand washing, coughing into elbow) and maintain 1 meter distance.
- We have provided hand sanitiser in your villas and public areas, and we request that you use this where appropriate.
Event Ticketing Terms and Conditions
The following conditions apply to the sale of tickets for Mt Cook Lakeside Retreat events:
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- If the Event needs to be cancelled due to Government-imposed COVID-19 restrictions, the Event will be postponed to a future date and tickets will be transferred to the new Event. In this case, the Retreat reserves the right, to the extent permitted by law, to charge an administration fee related to the change.
- The right is reserved to vary the advertised event programme or pricing.
- The Retreat reserves the right to cancel the Event. In this case a full refund will be made or the purchaser may opt to apply the purchase price to another Event.