Personal Data Collection and Use
Personal Data is collected when it is necessary for the efficient organisation and management of your stay or attendance at an event at Mt Cook Lakeside Retreat (the Retreat).
Personal Data could include:
- Personal Data that you provide when you make your booking or purchase an event ticket including your name, email address, phone number, home address.
- Sensitive Data could include dietary requirements, medical or mobility requirements, religion-based requirements.
- Photos, video and audio recording taken at Retreat events and used to promote the Retreat.
- Financial Data relating to purchase and payment of bookings or tickets credit card or bank account details.
- Personal Data contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including emails, text messages or social media messaging).
- Any other Personal Data that you choose to send to us.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for any Personal Data that you disclose to third-party companies and we encourage you to carefully read their policies relating to collection, privacy, disclosure, and use of your Personal Data. Note that social media sites may also include links to other websites whose privacy practices differ from those of the Retreat.
Collection of Sensitive Data will only occur with an individual’s consent unless the collection is; required by law to establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim, or; necessary to prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to the life or health of the individual who is the subject of the information.
Personal data may be collected when you opt-in to the Retreat newsletters. You will have the ability to unsubscribe from newsletters if you choose to no longer receive these.
In processing data, the Retreat will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data so that it is not misused, lost accessed by unauthorised people, modified or disclosed.
The Retreat takes all reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy of Personal Data it holds and to allow people to access and amend their personal information unless the law does not allow it.
If you wish that your image or voice is not recorded and published by the Retreat, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please advise the Retreat who will accommodate your needs if possible. Permissions to use wedding and other event images for the Retreat’s promotional purposes will be sought prior to publication.
Before you disclose to us the Personal Data of another person, (e.g. if you are booking for several people from your organisation for an event), you must obtain each person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that Personal Data in accordance with this policy.
Records containing Personal information will be held by the Retreat until there is no longer a need or obligation to retain such records, after which time they will be deleted, destroyed or de-identified.
Anonymous information about your demographics and interests are tracked by the Retreat website and are used for remarketing the Retreat. (e.g. using Google Analytics or Google tagging)
Third Party Sites
The Retreat uses Third Party sites to collect data for bookings and ticketing. Data privacy on these sites is governed by their privacy policies.
- WINDCAVE (financial data relating to purchase and payment of bookings or tickets credit card or bank account details) https://sec.windcave.com/pxmi3/privacy-policy
- ALLOTZ (online accommodation booking) https://allotz.com/privacy-policy/
- WOOCOMMERCE (ticketing site) https://automattic.com/privacy/